The Passion Career Questionnaire
I'm astounded by the number of creative and ambitious women I know who have full-time jobs, families and side projects to boot. It also inspires me to witness those women realize the potential of their dreams and turn passions into a career, venturing to bring new ideas and experiences to the world. I am going to refer to this (my new phrase) as 'The Passion Career'.
DAY SIX: Today is about #passion.
I'm also personally aware that discovering what your Passion Career may be, is a journey in itself. In fact, it sometimes feels that many stars have to align so that you can take steps forward. Take it from a late bloomer, who hit my career stride in my late 20s, I know this - if you haven't yet, you just have to decide. Decide what it is that makes you happy, decide what you want to do, and do it.
I certainly have not hit all of my career and life goals, but I've pursued several intellectual and creative passions, and am constantly taking steps forward. In an effort to help you identify what might be your Passion Career, we are going to have another questionnaire round. Take your time, this is not only about passion - it is about fulfillment, so reflect on your goals this year, think through each question, and most importantly be 100% honest. I promise you may surprise yourself, discovering new opportunities to explore in the new year.
1. How do you help others?
2. What unique skills and gifts do you possess?
3. What types of projects in life or at work do you get most engrossed in?
4. What makes you the happiest in life?
5. If you knew that the money would come, what would you do today?
6. What would you do if you knew you would not fail?
7. What career did you dream of when you were a child?
8. In your free time, what do you enjoy the most?
9. The people who know you the best, what do they envision you doing?
10. In your current or past jobs, what would you have happily done for free?
11. When did you last work on a something that you worked on through the night, and were happy doing it?
12. When you think about the state of the world, what concerns or motivates you?
13. What women inspire you?
14. What careers of other women, do you wish you had?
15. If you could envision the headline, "Top Women in the World who do...." What would fill in the blank at the end?
16. What do you want people to remember you for?